Snapchat is one of the most famous apps worldwide. It’s a camera in which you can use particular lenses that make the picture either funny looking or makes it better. You send the picture you take (the picture is called “a snap”) to your friends and even to people you do not know. Snapchat is not only used for sharing photos (but that’s its main purpose); you can chat, video chat, and even send voice messages to others.
Since you can create group chats on every other social media app, you can create groups on Snapchat too. You will learn how in this article.
How to do it
Follow this step-by-step guide; it is straightforward!
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone
- Tap the chat icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap the compose icon in the bottom right
- To create a group on Snapchat, tap the New Group option
- Select group members from your friend list
- Tap the New Group Name and edit.
The other way,
- First, open the Snapchat app.
There are a few ways to do this. You can either swipe right to go to the “Friends” tab, upload a picture from your phone as a snap, or do this after taking a regular snap. We will be explaining all of these ways.
- When you swipe right, you will see all of the friends you’ve ever snapped with.
- Look for the “New Message” icon in the top right corner of your screen. Then click on it.
- You will see a new tab with a few options. You will see an option to send a message to one person or to make a group chat. Since we are showing how to create groups, click on the group chat option.
- Now you should choose which friends you want to chat with and who you want to be in your group.
- When you’ve selected them to send a message, give a cool name to the group, and you are done.
The third way to make a group chat is first to take a snap that’s ready to be sent.
- After you take a good snap and edit it, tap on the Next option in the bottom right corner to proceed to the next window.
- Next, tap +Create Group
- Tap New Group
- Add friends from the list
- Now tap the Chat with Group button and name the group.
Now you’ve created a new group chat, named it, and all you have to do now is have fun chatting with your friends!
This is the fourth and last way you can make a group on Snapchat.
- Once in the app, click on the option to choose a photo from the gallery.
- When you find a photo you want to send to others, edit it.
- Click on next after that to proceed.
- You will again be on the screen that lets you choose to whom friends you want to send this snap.
- Look at the upper right corner and click “New group.”
- You can choose which members will be in the group, and then when finished, send a snap.
And you are done.
You can always add new members to the group afterward. And of course, remember that everyone in the group can see your snaps, and you can also see which one of your friends viewed them.
Note: Streaks do not work on group chats. You must chat with one person, in particular, to be able to collect the snap streaks.
If you want to leave the group, click on the three dots in the corner and tap “Leave the group.” And that’s it.
I hope that you’ve found this article helpful.